Saturday, November 1, 2014

Baked Oatmeal and Raisin Yummies

       I have made oatmeal and raisin cookies many, many times over the years. But I had not tried baked oatmeal until recently. How silly it sounds now;  this delicious, warm and wonderful comfort food is a must have for family night or on a rainy day! How did I ever miss this one when the boys were small!?! It simply was not a staple in the house I grew up in, and not a recipe I adopted until recently. Oh!!!!!!!!!! How I wish I had tried this recipe sooner! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Baked Oatmeal and Raisin Yummies. 

Serve warm with extra milk.

Preheat oven to 350 F and prep a 9x9 baking pan.
In large bowl combine:
3cups quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp real salt
1 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
Sift until mixed together well.

in another bowl whisk together:
1 egg
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c coconut oil (or real butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c milk

Stir this liquid in with the dry oatmeal mixture and combine well. Lastly, add in 1/2 c raisins and give one final stir. (You can also add 1/2 c of any fruit or nuts mixture you'd like- chopped apple bits is especially good! a small handful of chopped walnuts perhaps?? or both?)

Spoon mixture into 9x9 baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm, with milk for fantastic breakfast, or anytime energy treat.  My kids love it on a rainy day!!!! Some people drench it in milk in the bowl, others serve milk on the side, my son tries to get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. Me? I love it plain. To each his own, yes?







You may want to try:



Disclaimer: the following Affilate links in no way raise your final cost, but they do help to support the efforts and endeavors of this blog and my family. :)Thank you

No comments: