Thursday, April 18, 2013

Diced pork and black beans

I made this tonight for dinner, turned out savory and delish- but I do not know what to call it. :)
I just did it- no recipe. So I'm going to write what I put together; and call it literally what I made. Embarrassing, but that's what I get when I experiment. It's fun when it works, and the family tells me it did.
Everyone loved it- hope someone else might too.

Diced Pork with Black beans
olive oil
1 cup onion diced
1 diced tomatillo
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp.pepper
1-2 diced jalapeno  depending on amount of heat desired.
1 cup black beans (about 1/2 can drained)
3 pork chops diced 
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
chopped fresh cilantro (if desired)
tortillas- warmed
In fry pan, heat tbsp. olive oil and toss in garlic, onion, jalapeno, and pepper. Dice pork into small pieces and toss into pan, frying on med heat until browned. add diced tomatillos and black beans. Add stock and bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and allow juices to reduce down slowly, stirring frequently until most of the sauce is gone- just a few minutes.  serve with fresh chopped cilantro on tortilla. eat like a burrito.

No comments: